How do I program my car to open my garage door?
5 Steps To Program Your HomeLink® System
To program a rolling code compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.
- Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons.
- Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink®system is now programmed)
- Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)
- Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)
- While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).
Can I replace a section of my garage door or must I replace the whole door?
It is hard to answer this question because to effectively answer it, I will have to take a look at the damage to the garage door and see if replacing that section alone is feasible. In general though, yes, it is possible to change a section of your garage door without changing the whole door. Again, that will depend on the extent of the damage to the door and other factors.
What is the R value of garage doors and are they important?
R-Value of the garage door is the thermal efficiency of the garage door. In other words, they tell you the door's ability to maintain the temperature. The higher the R-Value, the better the garage door's insulating properties. Buy the garage door with the highest R-Value that you can afford. They are important since they determine the cost of monthly utility bills.
Is there a difference in garage door openers?
There are three standard garage door openers available to the homeowner - the screw drive, belt drive and chain drive door openers. There is a difference in these door openers. The screw drive door opener is designed to be powerful, quiet and fast.
They are powerful enough to lift most garage doors easily. The benefit of the belt drive door opener is that it is the quietest and smooth. It is ideal for those garage doors attached to the home. The chain drive is rugged and very reliable though a bit more noisy that the other types.
Can you help me with my broken garage door after hours?
YES. We offer 24 hour Emergency Service.
Can you fix my broken garage door springs?
Yes we can fix your broken springs and our replacement torsion springs are heavy duty, high cycle, oil tempered springs and can last over 4 times as long as typical garage door springs.
Why does the garage door reverse and open when I try to close it?
The likely culprit is an obstruction in the path of the door. Check and clear any obstruction in the way of the door. If the problem continues, check to see if the safety beam LED is lit and not blinking. If it is check to be sure the lenses are clean, 6" from the floor, and facing directly at the opposing safety eye on the other side of the opening.