Dock Seals provide a seal between the building and truck at your businesses loading dock. These dock seals are designed to fit most standard door sizes providing a tight seal against the truck for climate control and safety purposes. Dock Shelters work well when you need full access to the trailer for loading and unloading. The curtains wrap around the trailer keeping the outdoor elements away from the dock, trailer, and your employees. Both dock Seal and Shelter can be tailored to fit your application. Ask us how we can help you get more control and usability out of your loading dock with such devices and we will be happy to shed more light on the possibility.
FDS Series Dock Seal
Built with Rite-Hite's signature quality, the FDS Series Dock Seal provides a tight seal for high energy efficiency and a more comfortable working environment.
- Durable construction – Wear pleats on header corners improve durability and extend product life. Full-side wear pleats are available.
- Advanced head curtain design – Flexible, high-support structure prevents pooling of water and reduces susceptibility to wear.
- Beveled side pads – Provides proper trailer/door interface while reducing foam protrusion into trailer.
- External breather openings – Openings located on bottoms of side pads allow air to escape, extending life of foam and fabric.
- 24" (610mm) high sewn guide stripes – Helps ensure on-center trailer positioning.
Getting a good fit around all sides of the trailers that come to a loading dock can be a big challenge – until now. In a single piece of equipment, the Eclipse Dock Shelter provides a tight, consistent seal all the way up trailer sides, across the top, and at the corners. Working together, the Eclipse shelter and PitMaster leveler-sealing systems provide the most advanced four-sided seal at the loading dock.
Sealing the Sides
Durable GapMaster™ hooks wrap around swing-open trailer doors, sealing hinge gaps that amount to over two and a half square feet of open air if left unsealed.
Sealing the Top
Along the top of the trailer, an exclusive weighted head curtain applies over 100 pounds of pressure across the full width of the trailer top. This gravity-based system keeps the curtain in constant contact with the trailer during loading and unloading, ensuring a tight, consistent seal.
Sealing the Corners
The Eclipse side curtains and weighted header work together to seal gaps that ordinary shelters don’t address. Innovative fabric corner pockets connect sides to top, providing a dark, complete seal when trailers back into place.
Sealing the Bottom
Below and around the dock leveler, the available PitMaster™ under-leveler sealing system provides a barrier against environmental infiltration on the exterior of the dock. Meanwhile, lip corner seals, filler pads and other components block gaps on the inside of the dock.
- Impactable foam side frames reinforced with a high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE) layer to protect foam from damage from trailer impact.
- 15" (381mm) trailer coverage range seals tall and short trailers with no pull-ropes or manual adjustment required.
- HMWPE impact plates protect header and seal.
- Removable sealing hooks. Hooks come sleeved in conforming vinyl fabric wrap for better seal. Hooks are removable and easy to replace.
- Compact 11'2" (3404mm) footprint on wall, even at large projections. Fits into tight spaces; saves cost of moving lights, signs, etc.
- Durathon™ high-strength, friction-resistant side curtains resist damage and wear.